Keeping your office clean can seem like a bit of a chore.
It may seem impossible to work around cleaning your office correctly and doing it greenly, however, we have provided you with 8 tips to help you achieve a clean and green office.
Avoid air fresheners and fabric protection sprays as they contain chemicals that have been linked to causing reproductive problems.
- Try to avoid choosing carpet for your flooring when opening a new facility. If you do have carpet, stay away from carpet cleaners and stain-resistant treatments that expose your office to chemicals - opt for a steam cleaner instead.
- Be cautious of old furniture, as it could be a fire retardant that breaks down into dangerous metabolites linked to cancer.
- For any DIY project, there are many standard household items that you can use to clean surfaces and handle tough odors, including lemon, vinegar, baking powder and more.
- Avoid using cleaning chemicals that include the following ingredients in them: phthalates, formaldehyde, and 'chemical surfactants.'
- Make sure your internal and/or external cleaning team has the resources to check the air quality in your indoor space, such as checking HVAC systems.
- Establish a cleaning policy with all of your employees in the office by educating them about the damaging effects of cleaning products etc.
- Hire an office cleaning company that works safely and offers facility maintenance.
- Read the article here: http://www.pinnaclecleaning.co.uk/blog/tips-green-office/